WELCOME TO 7TH GRADE MATH!
7th Grade Math Syllabus
“The Beginning of GREATNESS!
- Attend all classes, regularly and on time.
- Follow directions.
- Be prepared for each class with appropriate materials and assignment.
- Show courtesy and respect towards others.
- Be appropriately dressed and groomed.
- District Approved Uniforms must be worn at all times.
Positive Rewards for Students
- Verbal Praise
- Positive note or call to parents
- Oiler Coins
- Homework Pass
- Attendance at school functions such as pep-rallies, dance, assemblies, etc.
- Follow all school and classroom rules.
- Follow dress code.
- Participate in all classroom activities.
- Complete assignments and homework.
- Clean-up your area before leaving the classroom.
- Respect school property – Do not write on the desk.
- Show respect to others.
- Always try your very best in class.
- Multiplication Facts should be memorized thru the twelve’s.
- Pass the STAAR Test this year!
You will need the following supplies for class every day: a one-inch binder, 5 tabs for the binder, 2 different colored highlighters, and a pencil. I am also asking students to bring in a box of Kleenex.
Workbooks and Consumable Math Book
Each student will receive workbooks in this class. It is the responsibility of the student to take care of their workbooks. They will only be given one copy of each workbook.
A binder is necessary to help the student with organizational skills.
Pencils and erasers
Students need to use pencils in Math Class. One of the ways to better learn math is by making mistakes. All students need a pencil and a good eraser every day in class. If it becomes necessary, students will be allowed to borrow a pencil for their math class only.
Students will be assigned homework Monday-Thursday. Homework or projects may be assigned over the weekend as necessary. If you do not turn in homework on time, you will be penalized 10 points per day it is late and parents will be notified.
- Daily Grades – Comprise 50% of your Six Weeks Average.
- Assignments c. Class work
- Participation d. Homework
- Test Average – Comprise 50% of your Six Weeks Average.
- Quizzes c. Six Weeks Exam
- Exams d. CBA’s
- All work is to be done neatly and answers should be circled or highlighted.
- All work turned in must have your name, date, and class period at the top of the paper. If it is necessary to staple papers together, they should have one staple in the upper left corner. All work must be done in pencil only. Any work that is turned in and doesn’t meet these standards will be penalized 15 points.
It is very important that we are able to contact each other to discuss your child’s progress, please make sure that the school always has your current phone numbers and email address. I can be reached during school hours at 473-6830, and you can also reach me any time using my email address, firstname.lastname@example.org . By working together, we will be able to ensure that your child will have a very successful year. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you have.
“The Beginning of GREATNESS!!